Monday, June 15, 2009

PTO Day #10: UCIrvine, Little Saigon, Little Seoul, Sports bar

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT IRVINE
I wanted to go back to my old campus and take some pictures. The university was a very nice campus when I was attending it back in 1999, it's much nicer now. I didn't recognize half the buildings and there are now lots and lots of parking structures.

Computer Engineering Building - This is where i spent most of my college life in the computer labs.
Photobucket

This is where I worked making websites for the campus
Photobucket

Middle Earth Dorms - This is where I lived on campus. My room is right under my finger. I was able to see the basketball courts and whenever there were players i would go outside to play some ball.
Photobucket

LITTLE SAIGON
I went to Westminster's Little Saigon to eat and shop. The Pho i had was not very good at the restaurant i ate it. But I did buy a shirt I like. It feels almost like silk but isn't. It's made of at least 4 types of materials but the tags are in chinese characters so I have no idea what those materials are. I drove around a bit and amazingly counted at least 10 vietnamese shopping centers within a two square mile radius.
Photobucket

Entrance to the most popular Little Saigon mall the Asian Garden Mall
Photobucket


LITTLE SEOUL
I also went to Garden Grove to a street with many many korean shops. I went into a DVD shop and found many DVDs including r-rated korean movies with nudity. Never knew these things existed.
Photobucket

RUDY'S SPORTS BAR
My friend Francis suggested we go to a new sports bar down the street from his house. This restaurant had TV's all around the restaurant. Unfortunately, it's not really a good time for sports and only baseball was on TV.
Photobucket

I ordered a pastrami ham sandwich
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night, Francis made me sleep on this car bed.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment