Sunday, June 14, 2009

PTO Day #9: Santa Monica and Titos

Today I drove my parents to the "vietnamese" bus stop so they could go back home to San Jose. It was kinda shabby - this bus stop was near chinatown on the sidewalk of a gas station. My parents were oddly very excited to go on this 7-hr bus ride. This so-called vietnamese bus is a bus that goes from Little Saigon in Westminister to San Jose's Little Saigon. Mostly vietnamese people ride this bus. On the bus they get to watch Paris by Night concerts or sometimes watch documentary on how to make ngoc mam (fish sauce). Now, I see why my parents were so excited.
Photobucket

I also did a quick tour of Chinatown.
Photobucket

And went to the Staples center where the Lakers play and next door was the L.A. Convention Center.
Photobucket



SANTA MONICA PIER
Picked up all my brothers and sister and a friend and headed for the Santa Monica pier. It was packed. all the sidewalks had people, the beaches were full of people, perfect day for an outdoor activity.
Photobucket

We went on this rollercoaster...twice.


In the arcade, a man asked me if i wanted to play foosball. Of course i would not deny him. Little did he know, i practice foosball everyday at work. He was pretty good too. We played many games. We beat every opponent who tried to gain victory over us. We were unbeatable :)
Later my brother Nick joined my team and we again beat everybody. He good too. It must be in our blood.
Photobucket


This fortune teller tells me i will gain great wealth in the next couple of months. But not wealth in terms of money or possesions.... what the hell does he mean?
Photobucket

My sibblings can be weird sometimes... even weirder than me! here they are playing a game i never heard of. To me it looks like slow-motion kung fu fighting.


TITOS TACOS
Our hotel room was next to this taco place called "Titos Tacos". My sister has had their tacos before but never been to the restaurant. She say it good so we had to try it out. And she was right. By looking at the picture you can already see why it's good. They fill the tacos with lots and lots of cheese. When we got there, there were a long line of people with 4 separate lines and this was at 9pm. and wow, they gave us a hug bag of complimentary chips and salsa.
Photobucket

Later that night, we dropped my brother Peter at his friend's house in the hills near Pasadena. When you walk into this house, the living is virtually a movie theatre with a projector and movie-style seatings with the typical steps and higher elevation of the seats in the back. I wish i had taken a photo here.

It's now 2am and phu and i drove the hour to Irvine to spend the night at Tony's apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment