Saturday, June 13, 2009

PTO Day #8: Graduation, La Feria Los Ninos, Little Ethiopia, Tar Pits, Pomodora, Borders

This is going to be a long post.

UCLA GRADUATION
My sister, Yvonne, and my cousin, Chiara, have their graduation from UCLA today. Luckily for us, they graduate in the same year and in the same department. So we got to see two graduations for the price of one.

Can you find my sister here? she's asian, that'll help. kinda.
Photobucket

We had to wait over 2 hours for my sister and cousin's names to be called because they were near the end of the line. We are falling asleep
Photobucket

My sister Yvonne
Photobucket

My cousin Chiara
Photobucket

All of us
Photobucket

These are my sibblings and cousins, we are all U.C. Graduates but there's one stinking Stanford graduate (the blonde).
Photobucket

CHINESE FOOD
After graduation, my family went to this small chinese restaurant called "Chinese Food" The food was pretty good although my parents said the food was too spicy but I thought the food was kinda bland compared to other places. The soup was good, the waiter added crispy rice into our soups.
Photobucket

LA FERIA LOS NINOS - near K-TOWN
I then drove us to Korean Town to get some wine. There was a festival going on called "La Feria Los Ninos" which means, the Children's Fair in spanish. There was a long air-filled slide, a soccer kicking game feature the LA Galaxy and many spanish speaking people. There were even real elephants walking the streets.
Photobucket
Photobucket8

LITTLE ETHIOPIA
By now my old mom and dad were pooped out so we dropped them off at the hotel. I wanted to go to Little Ethiopia and smell the ethiopian food. This place wasn't too far from the hotel, it's on FairFax between Olympic and Pico. We got to see some interesting things.
Photobucket

This street is fun just to stroll and sightsee
Photobucket

This half-mile area had several ethiopian restaurants, a shop, etc.
Photobucket


LA BREA TAR PITS
The La Brea Tar Pits was something I heard about awhile back and interested me but was never able to find it or had enough time whenever I was L.A. It's actually called the "Page Museum" which is why it was so hard to find previously. Happily, I found it this time. It was very close to Little Ethiopia.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What's interesting about this place is that excravators can still find fossils of extinct creatures who lived thousands of years ago in the middle of a large urban city.
Photobucket
Photobucket

POMODORA ITALIAN RESTAURANT
I still think Italian food is overrated. I still don't understand how spaghetti can cost $11.95 and still not taste as good as how i cook it at home. I even had frozen meatballs that tasted better. I think the food here is too bland. they need to understand i have a thick tongue and can handle more spices.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment