Friday, June 12, 2009

PTO Day #7: Arrived in Los Angeles and Yogurt Land

Mommy and Daddy wanted me to wake up at 8am today to start driving to LA. What the hell? My brother and I protested and we compromised to begin driving at 9am. We got to drive an aunt's SUV. I like this Toyota Highlander. I think i'll trade in my Prelude for one of these. Anyways, after 7 hours of driving we finally arrived in LA. We then picked up my brother who flew into LAX from North Carolina.

I dropped off my parents in the hotel in Culver City then my brothers and I drove to UCLA to hangout with our sister. Sister decided we go to Sawtelle Place. This place looks very much like how a shopping mall in japan looks. It has an underground garage and all the stores are built upwards. This shopping center didn't take up much space, but had lots of stores due to it's 3 stories high. There was a japanese supermarket, Beard Papas, Karaoke, Martial arts studio, japanese bookstore, Curry House and of course Yogurt Land.

Photobucket

There were at least 100+ people standing in line to get Yogurt at 11pm at night! another 50 people eating outside. crazy.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My favourite Chinese New Year food (though you sometimes find it all year round) is the Dragon Beard Candy, an ancient Chinese Emperor’s Dessert. It’s made into very sweet thin strands and sometimes filled with peanuts.
    If you’ve never tried it, you simply have to! The only place I know to find this online is http://www.geocities.jp/family_hong_kong/English/Dragon_Beard_Candy_index.htm.

    ReplyDelete