Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PTO Day #5: Up the Mountains

Today I did what i have been wanting to do for awhile - take pictures in the mountains while the sun was still shinning. I drove up into the mountains and accidentally found a big big lake. It's called the Calaveras Reservoir and Dam. Not too many people know about this lake because it's deep into the mountains and also it's nothing exciting. But at one point, the dam was the largest earth-filled dam in the world.


Calaveras Reservoir
Photobucket

This creature came to nearly 100 yards from me. At first I thought it was a deer, then i thought it was a dog.... but when i zoomed in with my camera, I realized it was a wild wolf!
Photobucket


After walking around in weeds in the mountains, Maomao seems to be addicted to crack.

1 comment: